- Summarize a paper (1 out of 22) in one page
- You can choose both topic and paper freely. You do not need to inform us about your choice before submission.
- All the papers should be freely accessible from TU network.
- You can write a summary in English or German
- Submit the summary through Moodle (preferred)
- Alternatively, submit by-email to Nikolay Matyunin, please add [pets18summary], paper number and your name to the e-mail subject
1) Privacy in Mobility and Location data
1.1 – Deanonymizing mobility traces: Using social network as a side-channel, Srivatsa, Mudhakar and Hicks, Mike
1.2 – Privacy-Preserving Billing for e-Ticketing Systems in Public Transportation, Kerschbaum, Florian and Lim, Hoon Wei and Gudymenko, Ivan
2) Privacy in Health Data
2.1 – Aspects of privacy for electronic health records, Haas, Sebastian and Wohlgemuth, Sven and Echizen, Isao and Sonehara, Noboru and Mueller, Guenter
3) Vehicular Security and Privacy
3.1 – Robust Physical-World Attacks on Deep Learning Models , Evtimov, Ivan et al.
3.2 – Secure Wireless Automotive Software Updates using Blockchains: A Proof of Concept, Steger, Marco, et al.
4) Hardware-based Solutions for Vehicular Security and Privacy
4.1 – Optical PUF for Non-Forwardable Vehicle Authentication, Shlomi Dolev, Lukasz Krzywiecki, Nisha Panwar, Michael Segal
4.2 – Physical Unclonable Functions and Their Applications to Vehicle System Security, M. Asim, J. Guajardo, S. S. Kumar and P. Tuyls
4.3 – On the potential of PUF for pseudonym generation in vehicular networks, J. Petit, C. Boesch, M. Feiri and F. Kargl
5) Privacy intrusion by satellite images
5.1 – Transfer Learning from Deep Features for Remote Sensing and Poverty Mapping, Michael, Xie and Neal, Jean and Marshall, Burke and David, Lobell and Stefano, Ermon
6) Acoustic cross-device tracking
6.1 – Privacy Threats through Ultrasonic Side Channels on Mobile Devices, Daniel Arp, Erwin Quiring, Christian Wressnegger and Konrad Rieck
6.2 – On the Privacy and Security of the Ultrasound Ecosystem, Mavroudis et al.
7) User tracking over light-based side channels
7.1 – Identifying TV Channels & On-Demand Videos using Ambient Light Sensors, Lorenz Schwittmann et al.
7.2 – Using the Phones Light Sensor to Detect the TV Video Stream, Ionescu et al.
8) Implementation and Evaluation of Sonar
8.1 – Beamforming techniques for multichannel audio signal separation, Adel, Hidri, et al.
8.2 – SonarSnoop: Active Acoustic Side-Channel Attacks, Cheng, Peng, et al.
8.3 – Covertband: Activity information leakage using music, Nandakumar, Rajalakshmi, et al.
9) Multi-client theoretically secure storage solution
9.1 – LINCOS – A Storage System Providing Long-Term Integrity, Authenticity, and Confidentiality, Braun, J. et al.
10) Pairing-based Cryptography on Low-End Embedded Devices
10.1 – An introduction to pairing-based cryptography, Alfred Menezes
11) Schnorr Multisignatures on Low-End Embedded Devices
11.1 – Simple Schnorr Multi-Signatures with Applications to Bitcoin, Maxwell et al.
11.2 – Keeping Authorities Honest or Bust with Decentralized Witness Cosigning, Syta et al.