Praktikum Security Engineering
This course is also available in German.
- Organizer: Dr. Tolga Arul
- Course Form: Internship (Praktikum, 6CP)
- TUCaN Identifier: 20-00-1056-pr
- Credits: 6 CP
- Kick-Off Meeting: on 23.10.2019 at 2:30 pm S2|02 A313
- Regular Meetings: to be discussed with the supervisor
- Final Presentation: TBA (in march 2020, details will be announced soon)
Slides from the Kick-Off are available here.
If you are interested in a topic, contact the supervisor until 31.10.2019.
The goal of this course is the implementation of research projects about information security. Students are supposed to work in groups of two up to four persons. They will be supervised by a research assistant who is responsible for the detailed task assignment. The students are expected to work independently, but to meet in regular intervals with their supervisor to discuss the current progress.
Beside the code, we expect a short documentation and a final presentation about your achievements.
In case of questions, please contact the supervisor. In this semester, we offer the following topics:
Security and Safety in Railway Signalling Networks (supervised by Markus Heinrich)
- Hypervisor Safety Application Integration
- Packet Filter for Railway Signalling
- Railway Signalling Lab Development
Side-channel Attacks (supervised by Nikolay Matyunin)
- Systematic evaluation of physical side channels on Android
Long Time Storage and Distributed Access Management (supervised by Philipp Muth)
- Client implementation for CogniCrypt
Low-Latency Streaming (supervised by Dr. Tolga Arul)
- Develop evaluation test setup for consistent comparison of low-latency streaming techniques and deploy them on embedded devices
The final grade is composed of the following parts:
- Implementation (80%)
- Documentation (15%)
- Final Presentation (5%)