In case you are looking for a Bachelor's or Master's thesis, please choose your field of interest and contact the person responsible.
Critical Infrastructure & Railway Signalling Security
Please contact Markus Heinrich.
Hardware Side-Channel Attacks & Mobile Security
Please contact Nikolay Matyunin for details. Most of the topics are also available as Projekt Praktikum (6CP) at any time.
Currently available topics:
- Detection of side-channel leakage from transmitting components (LTE/radio/WiFi/Bluetooth) on Android devices
- Requirements: Experience with Android and C/C++, preferably also machine learning
- Detection of malicious abuse of smartphone sensors, based on sensor fusion
- Requirements: experience and/or interest in data analysis and digital signal processing
- Voltage-based hardware fingerprint (PUF) on Android smartphones
- Requirements: Good programming skills, C/C++ experience, interest in low-level programming (hardware/kernel module)
- Smart speaker radar: detecting room objects using sonar acoustic signals
- Requirements: Experience in acoustic communications & digital signal processing
Smart TV / IP TV systems
Please contact Dr. Tolga Arul.