In case you are looking for a Bachelor's or Master's thesis, please choose your field of interest and contact the person responsible.
Please contact Dominik Püllen.
Critical Infrastructure & Railway Signalling Security
Please contact Markus Heinrich.
Embedded System Security & Mobile Network Security
Please contact Florian Kohnhäuser.
Security of Embedded, IoT and Cyber-Physical Systems Through Hardware-Entangled Primitives
Please contact Nikolaos Athanasios Anagnostopoulos.
- Creating a PUF-based secure/trusted network for cyber-physical systems-of-systems, either with PUF-based encryption or PUF-based IDs/addresses
- Implementing a fuzzy extractor scheme based on the Reed-Muller Error Correction Code
- Testing the entropy of strong PUFs through the correlation of their responses
- Testing the spatial correlation of weak memory-based PUFs
- Implementing a PUF-based Single Sign-On System
Most of the topics are potentially available as Software Praktikum topics (6CP / 9CP).
Privacy Enhancing Technologies & Privacy Metrics
Please contact Spyros Boukoros.
Please contact Niklas Büscher.
Side-Channel Attacks on mobile devices & Covert Channels
Currently available topics:
- [BSc/MSc/Praktikum] Automatic and systematic evaluation of side-channel attacks on Android devices
- Requirements: Experience with Android. Preferably also web development, basic data analysis (Python or Matlab)
- [BSc/MSc] Evaluation of background execution of mobile and web applications
- Requirements: Experience with Android and web programming, basic scripting
- [BSc/Praktikum] Infrasonic acoustic covert channel
- Requirements: Experience or interest in acoustic communications & digital signal processing
- [BSc/MSc/Praktikum] Smart speaker radar: detecting room objects using sonar acoustic signals
- Requirements: Experience in acoustic communications & digital signal processing
Smart TV / IP TV systems
Please contact Dr. Tolga Arul.